BA Better World Community Fund
This funding aims to support life-changing opportunities in the UK communities we serve, enabling us to invest in projects that deliver benefits for climate, communities and nature. We want to support projects and organisations who are working to enrich their communities and support long term change.
Our funding, of up to £50,000, aims to help organisations who are supporting social mobility, driving opportunity for education and employability in disadvantaged communities and supporting individuals from ethnic minorities as well as providing opportunities for girls in STEM. Our funding will also target organisations who support and provide Health and Wellbeing services to those in need. There will also be funding available to support projects who help their local community become more sustainable by providing innovative ideas to prevent or reduce the impacts of climate change.
This funding is designed to help organisations and social enterprises drive change in their local communities.
To be eligible to apply, organisations must be:
• Registered UK Charities
• Registered community benefit organisations
• Registered social enterprises and charity companies
And do one or more of the following:
• Deliver support in areas experiencing social and economic deprivation, including rural communities
• Work with one or more of the following groups as a main focus:
○ lower socio-economic groups,
○ Culturally diverse communities
○ Disadvantaged females exploring STEM opportunities
○ Individuals struggling with mental health and wellbeing
○ Groups exploring or providing solutions for Climate Change
The following are not eligible for funding:
• Individuals or sole traders
• For profit businesses or partnerships
• Local authorities
• Schools, colleges and universities
• Faith or Religious Groups
There are some things that we’re not able to invest in, these primarily being:
• Organisations without a trustee board/management committee (with 3 people minimum)
• Applications from individuals, or which are for the benefit of one individual
• Applications from private, profit making businesses
• Applications for ongoing or pre-existing core/salary costs
• Applications for vehicle/building purchases
• Projects promoting religion
• Organisations seeking to distribute grants on our behalf
• Projects intended for private gain
• Closed or Always On campaigns on Crowdfunder
• Organisations that have been operating for less than 12 months
• Organisations that do not have published online accounts
• Applications for capital expenditure over £5000
If your application is approved, you’ll be offered match funding of 50% towards your initial crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £50,000. This offer will be valid for 4 weeks after the date of notification, if you do not launch your crowdfunding campaign within 6 weeks of notification the offer will be rescinded.
Following approval for funding, if you wish to make any changes to your campaign target, or any significant changes to your rewards or other page content you must notify us.
To secure a pledge from the the BA Better World Community Fund, you will need to do the following (the ‘pledge conditions’):
1. Apply to, and be approved for, the BA Better World Community Fund.
2. Receive a provisional pledge from the BA Better World Community Fund, by reaching at least 25% of your target from at least 25 unique supporters*.
3. Secure the BA Better World Community Fund pledge by reaching at least 100% of your target.
*The BA Better World Community Fund pledge will be made onto your crowdfunding campaign once you have raised at least 25% of your initial target from at least 25 unique supporters (subject to availability) and will count towards your target. If either of these conditions are not met, the pledge will be withheld until both have been met.
To verify whether Supporters are unique we will take account of information including, but not limited to: name, address, email addresses and payment card used.
If these two conditions are met, BA Better World Community Fund will pledge 50% of the target (unless your target is over £100,000), which means in most cases the campaign will then be at 75%. You must then raise the remaining 25% from your crowd, to achieve 100% of your funding target and receive the BA Better World Community Funds.
If the project fails to reach 100% of the target the BA Better World Community Fund pledge will be cancelled. The Project owner will be encouraged to review what went wrong and, if appropriate, to attempt to crowdfund again.
BA Better World Community Fund reserves the right to vary these pledge criteria; projects will be notified if their pledge criteria will vary from the stated terms above.
You will be ineligible for funding from BA Better World Community Fund if, at BABWCF’s sole discretion, it is not satisfied that all the Supporter pledges on your project are genuine pledges.
Project Owners or the campaigning organisation pledging to their own campaign is allowed, however this should not be a significant amount unless discussed before the pledge is added. Small offline donations that have been collected may also be added, however you may be required to evidence the origin of these pledges (receipts, letters of support, copies of cheques or bank statements etc.)
Where projects or pledges are identified as fraudulent, potentially fraudulent, or demonstrative of manipulating the pledging on a project in order to obtain match funding, this is taken very seriously. Where appropriate, the police or other relevant authorities will be informed. In addition:
• Your application for funding will be refused and any existing commitment for funding will be withdrawn.
• Your Crowdfunding project may be cancelled and you will be ineligible for future applications or projects.
• Action will be taken to recover funding which has been paid out.